May 2012 Desktop Calendar Wallpaper
Happy May everybody! Spring is in full swing, and already here in Carmichael you can feel the summer heat just around the corner. But for a few more days, at least, we get to enjoy double-digit highs, cool breezy nights, and the bright green of new leaves. Hopefully the little veggie seeds we planted last week will have a chance to germinate and sprout before they get fried by Sactown’s sizzling summer sunshine.
This month I tried a little something different with the calendar background. No scanning, drawing, or collage—just some Photoshop painting over a photo I’m fond of. The picture comes from a gas station on the corner of Watt and Auburn in Sacramento.
Download in various sizes here:
Mac users see below for further instructions.
For a more minimalist background, check out Paper Leaf’s wallpaper for May. They also offer papers for your iPhone and iPad.
May is a very significant month. Cinco de Mayo carries a full moon and coincides with Vesak. Two days later is my brother Miles’ birthday. Mother’s Day is the thirteenth, and there will be a solar eclipse on the twentieth. Yours truly gets to take a trip to NYC, and to top it all off, May has been declared Soul Awareness Month.
May your May be something special.
Mac users: Instructions for updating your desktop background:
1. Click one of the links to open the image full-size in your browser.
2. On the Safari menu up top, select “File”, then “Save As”
3. From the pop-up window select first your username (should be on the left under “places”), then select “Pictures”. Save it here.
4. Open your “system preferences”, which is an application.
5. Select “Desktop and Screensaver”, then “Desktop”. You should be able to select “Pictures” from the left, and there you’ll find the image.